Available 24/7 Free Consultations
24/7 (928) 778-2660

How Do I Report Nursing Home Abuse in Arizona?

Posted on December 14, 2022 in

When we place our elderly loved ones into nursing homes, we place a lot of trust in the staff and the medical professionals in charge of their care. As a result, when it comes to realizing that your loved one has suffered abuse in a place that was meant to care for them, it can be an incredibly emotional and traumatic time. Fortunately, you don’t need to handle it alone. An experienced attorney can not only help you handle the legal aspects of your case, but provide you with resources that will help you and your elderly loved one move on. 

At Jensen Phelan Law Firm, our nursing home abuse attorneys are dedicated to recovering damages on behalf of those who are being abused and helping them find better accommodations for them. Our firm has worked on a number of nursing home abuse cases, and our 65 years of combined experience means we can help you pursue the best possible results for your case. 

How to Report Nursing Home Abuse in Arizona

If you suspect nursing home abuse in Arizona, it’s essential to report it immediately to protect the safety and well-being of vulnerable individuals. Here are the steps you can take to report nursing home abuse in Arizona:

  • Call 911: If someone is in immediate danger or needs urgent medical attention, call 911 or your local emergency services right away.
  • Contact Adult Protective Services (APS): If the situation is not an emergency, you can contact the Arizona Department of Economic Security’s Adult Protective Services (APS) at 1-877-767-2385. APS is responsible for investigating allegations of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of vulnerable adults.
  • Contact the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program: The Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program provides assistance and advocacy to residents of long-term care facilities. You can contact the program at 602-542-6454 or toll-free at 1-800-872-2877.
  • File a complaint with the Arizona Department of Health Services: You can file a complaint with the Arizona Department of Health Services if you suspect abuse or neglect has occurred in a licensed nursing home or assisted living facility. You can file a complaint online or by calling the Arizona State Board of Nursing at (602) 771-7800.
  • Contact an attorney: If you or a loved one has suffered harm due to nursing home abuse, you may want to consider contacting a lawyer who specializes in nursing home abuse cases. Retaining some of the best specialist personal injury lawyers can help you understand your legal options and seek compensation for damages.

Don’t hesitate to take action if you suspect abuse, neglect, or exploitation in a nursing home or long-term care facility. Depending on the nature and the severity of the complaint, it’s beneficial to have legal representation as soon as possible to get the best results. Family members and loved ones often feel the pressure and guilt that comes with realizing their elderly loved one has suffered any form of abuse, so having an attorney to help guide you through the process can make all the difference. 

Get Help Today from a Skilled Nursing Home Abuse Attorney

After reporting nursing home abuse, consulting an Arizona elder abuse attorney can be incredibly beneficial to help get through the process with the best possible outcomes. The attorneys at Jensen Phelan Law Firm can help you hold abusers accountable and bring them to justice based on our skilled experience since 1974. 

When you need a strong litigation team the most, Jensen Phelan Law Firm is here for you to fight for your elderly loved one every step of the way. We are proud to say that our nursing home abuse attorneys have helped many families seek justice for their loved ones. We were very successful in the recent lawsuits involving 5 wrongful death claims and 1 injury claim by different families we represented against the local Granite Creek Rehabilitation Center and others involving GCRC requiring its employees who were reporting active COVID-19 symptoms to report to work and care for vulnerable senior residents who had no COVID-19, but soon became ill from the contact with their infected caregivers. 

Contact our firm today for a free assessment of your case and an explanation of your rights by using our online contact form or calling (928) 778-2660.